ValhallaFest takes place on private property 10km West of Terrace. With the exception of Frenrir’s Den, camping is unrestricted. While much labor has gone into developing the camp sites, it is still relatively untamed Northern BC wilderness. Rakes will be left on site if you wish to improve your little slice of paradise. Want to escape the crowded camping? Trek into the forest a bit and find your own secluded oasis within the old growth.
We provide a number of water jugs on the courtesy table near the main stage, you will need to bring your own drinking vessel. There is also well water available at the First Aid Cabin and the Gate Cabin.
There are porta-potties on site for bathroom needs. We are renting them, so please be respectful. We are also getting them pumped out and cleaned mid-festival, so if you want a clean porta-potty experience Saturday morning keep your garbage and wipes out of the porta-potties as they clog the honey wagon. Use only the single-ply we provide, let a Grounds Crew member know if a porta-potty is running out.
There is spotty cell service throughout the property. Generally 1-2 bars can be found on the bridge near main stage. There is no wifi on site.
There will be a couple delicious food trucks on site. We discourage driving your vehicle during the event so please bring everything you need to survive for 3 days. If you think you will need a town run, please park at the front parking area.
Stagemaster Erinn's Packing List
- ID: Must be government ID with photo. Will be required to receive your wristband at the gate. For youths under 18, they must be accompanied by parent or guardian
- Your lovely self
- Money for vendors
- Tent with stakes
- Sleeping Bag, blankets, and pillows
- Air Mattress or sleeping mat
- Pop-Up Canopy Tent or shade structure
- Camping Chairs
- Large Cooler for food and drinks
- Flashlight and batteries
- Tarps or rain covers
- Small toolkit: Hammer, hatchet or rake, etc.
- Camping stove with propane bottles
- Metal or reusable plastic bowls, forks, spoons, knives (avoid styrofoam or single use plastics)
- Paring knife, spatula, cooking spoon
- Cutting board
- Sponge, dishcloth, dishtowel
- Bin for washing dishes
- Camping Mug: To reduce waste, bring a camping cup to carry with you
- Large jug of water: Rule of festivals is 1/2 gallon of water, a day, per person
- Garbage and Recycling bags (Bring it with you? You take it home!)
- Snack foods: cheese sticks, cut vegetables, crackers, etc.
- Easy meals: Sandwiches, one pot meals, baked potatoes, etc.
- Beverages of choice
- Dress for the weather: Warm clothes for at night and cool clothes for the daytime.
- Sunglasses to shade those eyes from the sun
- Wearable lights for the night time: It’s easy to get lost in the dark. And don’t forget spare batteries!
- Toothbrush, biodegradable (preferred) toothpaste, deodorant , and lotion
- Ear Plugs! (High fidelity ear plugs reduce decibels without ruining the sound)
- First Aid Kit
- For smokers- a portable ashtray, or mint tin, works well to collect cigarette butts and ashes
- Any medication you normally take
- Biodegradable soap (Note: biodegradable soap is NOT to be used in the river, read the fine print on your bottle. It’s broken down by bacteria in the ground)
- Biodegrable glitter: While craft glitter is easy to acquire, it doesn’t belong in nature or our streams. Please leave it at home. (Please rinse off anything before getting in local rivers)
- Funky Costumes: We encourage wild outfits, but please don’t incorporate banned or discouraged items
- Small sewing kit to mend costumes and clothes
- Bug spray: Enough to spray yourself, your friends, and possibly your neighbors. Sharing is caring.
- Small trinkets such as jewelery, stickers, candy etc. to give away as gifts during the event (This is a fantastic ice-breaker and a great way to improve the community feel, you’d be amazed at the friends you’ll make after gifting a $0.05 sticker)
- Glass- Don’t bring glass containers of any type and kind with you, glass can be shattered.
- Explosives, aerial flares, rockets and fireworks
- Firearms of any kind including BB guns, air rifles, and paintball guns
- Hand-held lasers, stationary lasers must be registered with ValhallaFest BEFORE the event
- Feathered war bonnets or ceremonial head dresses are not welcome on site
- Hate speech of any kind that is discriminatory or demeaning will not be tolerated. ValhallaFest is a place of respect and understanding.
Don’t bring loose feathers, disposable plastic bags, paper, string Astroturf, styrofoam coolers, hay bales or single use straws. This type of material can blow in the wind is impossible to clean up, please don’t bring it.
Plan your journey and prepare to leave no trace of anything! We recommend taking stuff out of it’s cardboard packaging prior to coming to ValhallaFest. We want to reduce our environmental impact, so have a cleanup plan ready for your camp.